Carri’s Personal Wander List
Do you have a Wander List? You know, that list of things you’d like to do before you die. A list of places to see, things to do and food to eat if time and money weren’t a factor? Some call it a bucket list. I prefer WANDERLIST. It sounds so much more positive and exciting!
I wanted to share mine with you. This is not a long thought out list, but a list composed quickly while brainstorming with my husband over a couple glasses of wine.
These are not listed in any particular order.
- Hike to Everest Base Camp
- See the Slot Canyons and Canyonlands Park in Utah
- Grand Tetons
- The Great Wall
- Climb Kilimanjaro, Tanzania and Zanzibar
- Walk the Camino de Santiago
- Brazil – Trancoso, Florianopolis, Rio, Iguazu Falls
- Glastonbury Music Festival
- Trappist Breweries of Belgium
- Sundance & Banff Film Fests
- Bike through the Bordeaux wine region, see the lavender bloom in the South of France
- Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chengdu
- Golden Triangle of Northern India
- Indo – Java, Sumatra, Sulawesi. I’m sure I’ll end up in Bali one day, but it doesn’t interest me as much as these other Indonesian countries.
- Northern Lights
- See Polar Bears in the wild
- Superbowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, Olympics
- World Cup outside of the US (went in 94)
- Jazzfest in New Orleans
- Spain that I have not seen – Salamanca, Rioja, San Sebastian, Cordoba, Las Fallas festival
- California – Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Big Sur, Yosemite
- Ethiopia (Chris has been twice), Kenya, Mozambique
- Croatia, Montenegro, kayak the Adriatic Sea camping on islands
- Bike trip where you stay in nice places each night and have food and wine waiting for you
- Snowshoe hut to hut where you have roaring fire, hot cocoa and wine waiting for you
- Black Sea – Romania, Bulgaria, Transylvania
- Dolomites of Italy (October 2018)
- Northern Italian Lakes (Oct 2018)
- Seychelles, Maldives or Mauritius
- Bled Lake, Slovenia
- Bora Bora, Tahiti or Fiji
- Northern Greece – Meteora, Aristi, Delphi
What’s on your Wander List?