200 & 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreats in Costa Rica
Practice in harmony with nature in one of the greenest countries on the planet! Join Drishti Yoga Teacher Training at El Sabanero Eco Lodge near the tropical beaches of Tamarindo, Costa Rica on the Nicoya Peninsula March 23 – April 16, 2014 for a yoga retreat of a life time! Perched on hillside overlooking the valley with beautiful views from all rooms, El Sabanero boasts an infinity pool, chalets surrounded by lush gardens, 2 Yoga spaces – 1 open sky deck for stunning views during morning practice, and a covered space during warm afternoons.
Days off are yours to simply relax by the pool, head to one of four local beaches, stroll through the quaint surf town of Tamarindo or take advantage of local adventures like zip-lining, horseback riding, surfing, snorkeling, kayaking or rafting…the options are endless!
In addition to the already exceptional Drishti Yoga Teacher Training this particular training features guest teacher Jamie Kalynuik, founder of Toronto Yoga Mamas. Jamie is a certified Pre and Post Natal Yoga Instructor and is a trained birth doula through DONA. Jamie will present a special module on Pre/Post Natal Yoga.
Topics may include an overview of the stages of pregnancy, labor and delivery and working with women at these different stages with yoga. How to address specific therapeutic needs and address them safely with yoga. Yoga positions to bring into the labor and delivery experience.
*Please note students will receive an overview in Pre/Post Natal Yoga to simply have the knowledge, understanding and techniques to support pregnant and postnatal women in your class. This is not an additional teacher training certification. It is an added benefit to the regular Drishti Yoga 200 hr. curriculum.
You will receive a 200 hr. Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Certification in Vinyasa upon completion of the course.
To read more about Jamie and Toronto Yoga Mamas please visit www.torontoyogamamas.com
Class Length & Costs
- The training is 23 days total with 2 days off.
- $5400 Single Chalet Sorry Single Chalets are Sold Out – Join us for Greece 2014 or India 2014
- $3200 Shared/double occupancy Sorry Double Chalets are Sold Out – Greece 2014 or India 2014
Arrive March 23 by 7pm welcome dinner. Training begins 6:30am March 24.
Last full day of training is April 15 with a closing dinner that evening at 7pm.
Depart April 16, 2014.
The teachers on this training are Sarah Walsh, Carri Uranga & Jamie Kalynuik.
- 24 nights accommodation March 23 – April 16, 2014 in plush chalets complete with AC, mini fridge and en-suite bathrooms
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily
- Wi-Fi available in the community areas of the pool and restaurant
- Use of laundry facilities once a week
- Course tuition
- Comprehensive Drishti Yoga Training manual
- Ashtanga Primary Series practice sheet
- Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Certificate upon completion of the course
Does not include:
- Flights to or within Costa Rica
- Airport transfers
- Extra snacks or drinks ordered from the kitchen such as alcoholic beverages or special juices
- Adventure tours booked through El Sabanero
- Taxis to surrounding beaches or town
For more information on this spectacular adventure please contact us, or Book your Costa Rica Yoga Teacher Training online to pay your $500 deposit.
For more information on your stay check out http://www.elsabanero.com/.
***Note: If you are already a 200 hour certified yoga teacher this training can be used as a module toward your 500 hour yoga teacher certification.
The $500 deposit ensures your space. The remainder payment is due 30 days prior to the start date of the training. You will receive a welcome email within a few days of payment of deposit. Instructions for final payment may be included in this email or a subsequent email prior to departure which will kindly include specific travel instructions and suggestions for what to bring.
Remaining payment can be paid via bank wire transfer. Should you choose to pay the remainder via pay pal please note there will be an additional fee of 2.9% of final payment imposed by pay pal.