Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum – 200 hour & 500 hour Classes & Retreats
Sarah and Carri are dynamic teachers who have designed a comprehensive yoga teacher training curriculum that meets and exceeds Yoga Alliance standards while at the same time providing students with an enjoyable balance of study and fun. With deep insights into both Vinyasa and Ashtanga Yoga, they apply their years of teaching and practice to provide versatile experiences of deepening the self. They also provide community service and many personal transformation opportunities.
If you are looking to become a yoga instructor – or if you simply wish to delve deeper into your own personal practice – our yoga teacher training curriculum provides the depth and discipline needed to lift you into both physical and spiritual attunement.
Drishti’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum:
This training is a Vinyasa Yoga teacher training course with roots in traditional Ashtanga Yoga. Each day begins with meditation, time to reflect and write in your journal before practice of the Ashtanga Primary Series or creative Vinyasa Flow classes.
A sample of our training topics include:
- Meditation Techniques
- Intro to the Ashtanga Primary Series
- Creative Vinyasa Flow classes led by Carri or Sarah
- Sanskrit and English translation for understanding names of postures
- Learn how to intelligently sequence postures and create flowing classes
- Anatomy and Physiology applicable to Yoga
- Chakra Studies
- Philosophy and study of the Yoga Sutras
- Daily Hatha, Yin or Restorative Yoga classes in the afternoons
- Intro to specialized modules such as kids, pre & postnatal Yoga
- Business of Yoga including Social Media for Yogis
- Introduction to Ayurveda Health Maintenance
Other advantages of the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program Include:
- Accommodation in exotic locations, combining your training with a spectacular vacation
- Delicious gourmet vegetarian meals
- A comprehensive Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Making life long friendships and connections
- Opportunities for exciting new experiences
- Personal growth and transformation
- Being a part of the Drishti Global Network
The advanced 500 hour teacher training course highlights include:
- Small groups and one-on-one sessions with Carri and Sarah
- Deeper, more advanced meditation techniques
- Explorations of advanced asana practices, including the teaching of complex postures as well as fun and playful transitions
- Apprenticeships in morning practices – assisting and adjusting under Carri and Sarah’s careful guidance
- Enjoy exotic settings and diverse community experiences
- Learn to teach the full Ashtanga Primary Series
Why Serious Yogi’s Choose our Advanced Teacher Training
- We understand that becoming a more skillful teacher means teaching solid, inspiring classes while attending to everyone – including any therapeutic needs that might be in the room
- You will fine-tune the ability to become a sought-after yoga instructor
- Learn the skills needed to increase the size of groups and classes
- Enjoy opportunities to become more specialized
- Learn how to create your brand and find your “tribe”
- Absorb knowledge from some of the best yoga teachers in the world, in some of the most beautiful settings in the world
Combine your passion for yoga and your love of travel to create a transformative experience that will last a lifetime on and off your mat!
Join the Drishti Global Network for a unique yoga teacher training experience. Immerse yourself in exciting cultures and locations while deepening your own personal practice and transforming yourself into a highly valued Yoga Teacher.
Carri Uranga and Sarah Walsh are both ERYT 500 Yoga Teachers. After meeting in India in 2011 they assisted together at a teacher training course in Italy. They continue guiding others on their deeply personal and self-transforming spiritual quest.