200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
One of the most powerful ways to instill a regular Yoga practice is to experience a yoga teacher training in an exotic setting that imprints the experience in body and mind for a lifetime.
During your training you will develop the discipline, endurance and confidence to keep your practice consistent. The benefits of establishing a regular yoga practice will help keep your lifestyle both relaxing and balanced for years to come.
Our 200 hour yoga teacher training curriculum is open to all levels and all body types. Our only requirement is that you offer your positive attitude, open mind and playful spirit.
We suggest that you have had a regular, consistent practice of Vinyasa or Ashtanga Yoga for at least six months prior to the training, yet this is not mandatory.
Our program is approved and registered with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the course students receive a 200 hr. Drishti Yoga Teacher Training certificate in Vinyasa Yoga. Students graduate with the skills and confidence needed to begin sequencing and teaching classes immediately should they desire.
We also offer advanced 500 hour Yoga teacher training
About Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
Morning practice includes meditation, time to reflect and capture experiences in your journal and an introduction to the Ashtanga Primary Series or creative Vinyasa Flow classes taught by Sarah and Carri.
Topics covered will include:
- Meditation Techniques
- Ashtanga Primary Series – both Led and Mysore style
- Creative Vinyasa Flow classes led by Carri or Sarah
- Sanskrit and English for understanding names of postures
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Chakra Studies
- Philosophy and study of the Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Hatha, Restorative and Yin Yoga
- Pranayama Breath Practices
- Adjustments and Assistance
- Inversions and Arm Balances
- Sequencing and Transitions
- Business Aspects of Yoga
- Ethics and Values
Your 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program Includes:
- Accommodation in an exotic location
- Delicious gourmet Vegetarian meals
- A comprehensive Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series practice sheet
- Life long connections and friends
- Many opportunities for exciting new experiences!
- Being a part of the Drishti Global Network
Example of a daily 200 hour yoga teacher training curriculum schedule
- 6:30-9am Meditation, Journaling, Asana Practice
- 9-10am Breakfast break
- 10am-12:30pm Asana Lab: technique, adjustments, instruction, methodology, student practice teaching
- 12:30-2:45pm Break for lunch, study, relaxation time!
- 2:30-3:45pm Philosophy discussion
- 3:45-5pm Restorative, Yin or Hatha Yoga
- 5-6pm Anatomy discussion
- 6-7pm Weekly Yoga movies
Required reading prior to training
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff*
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda*
- Guruji A Portrait of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois Through the Eyes of His Students by Guy Donnahaye & Eddie Stern
*Please bring these with you. They can be purchased on Amazon.
Here are some other great reads you might like to add to your library:
21 Top Yoga Books – featured on our blog.
Suggested reading prior to training
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
Sarah and Carri provide service opportunities called SEVA to help further the depth and breadth of your training:
In each of our trainings we will invest some time in the local community in which we are staying. The project will vary depending on the place and needs of the community, but participation is mandatory and fun!
Sarah and Carri have developed a profound belief in the attributes and gifts that come through the process of service. This direct connection is a big part of how community develops and lifetime memories and relationships are generated!