Announcing our 200 hr. ONLINE YTT
October 1, 2020!
Same fabulous teachers. Same comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training. Now at a fraction of the cost and at your own pace!
ONLY $997 When You Register BY AUG 31ST
Our 200 hr. Online Teacher Training is open to all levels including beginners. Our program is approved and registered with the Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of the course students receive a 200 hr. Drishti Yoga Teacher Training certificate in Vinyasa Yoga. Students graduate with the skills and confidence needed to begin sequencing and teaching classes immediately should they desire.
Your 200 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training Course Includes:
- A comprehensive Drishti Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Twice a week office hours with time for Q&A + LIVE Practice teaching with constructive feedback directly from Carri and Sarah. Learn “what works well and what could be better” immediately in your teaching.
- Life long connections and friends in your group
- Being a part of the Drishti Global Network
- Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series practice sheet
- Anatomy weekend workshop – Oct or Nov date TBD
- Access to our entire Media Library of over 60 yoga, fitness and meditation videos and recordings
Topics covered will include:
- Meditation Techniques
- Hatha, Restorative and Yin Yoga
- Creative Vinyasa Flow classes led by Carri or Sarah
- Adjustments and Assistance
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Chakra Studies
- Philosophy and study of the Yoga Sutras
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Intro to the Ashtanga Primary Series
- Sanskrit and English for understanding names of postures
- Pranayama Breath Practices
- Inversions and Arm Balances
- Sequencing and Transitions
- Business Aspects of Yoga
- Ethics and Values
Live Office Hours Tuesday and Thursday Oct 1 – Nov 24 12-2pm CST. These will be recorded for your convenience, but mandatory attendance is required for four sessions.
Complete the coursework by December 31, 2020 to register for Yoga Alliance.
Completion of the course is defined as:
- taking and passing mandatory Anatomy and Philosophy quizzes
- completing all lessons within the course by means of taking pre-recorded classes
- watching any power points or slideshows within the module,
- participating in four office hours LIVE then watching replays of the rest
- submitting a video of yourself teaching a class and demonstrating a working knowledge of opening the class, teaching Sun Salutations A+B, leading an intelligent sequence and closing out the class.
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
What is the cost? $997 if paid in full by August 31, 2020. $1197 Sept 1 and after.
Who are the teachers? Carri Uranga and Sarah Walsh. We have been working together since 2011.
Is Drishti a Registered Yoga Alliance School? Yes we have been since 2012 as well as both Carri and Sarah are ERYT-500 hour yoga instructors, each having taught for 13 years.
Will I be able to register for Yoga Alliance? Yes, so long as you complete the coursework and register with Yoga Alliance by December 31, 2020.
Will I get a certificate? Yes, upon completion of the course you will receive a certificate in 200 hrs of Vinyasa Yoga.
I am a complete beginner, can I still do this course? YES! While it is beneficial to have some knowledge of yoga, you can still do this course and graduate successfully.
What if I fall behind and don’t finish by December 31, 2020. Can I still graduate? YES, however, currently, at the time of writing August 2020 Yoga Alliance has set the date for online approval for courses completed by Dec 2020. This means, unless they change to a 2021 date (which could happen depending on Covid), if you do not complete the coursework and register by Dec 2020 you will not be considered “Yoga Alliance Registered Teacher”. This is not the be all/end all. You will still graduate. You will still receive a certificate. You will still be a yoga teacher.
Is it required to be a Yoga Alliance member? NO. Some Yoga teachers choose to never register with Yoga Alliance. It is not a requirement. It is a choice.
I don’t want to teach, will I get anything out of the course? Absolutely, in fact many people take the course just to learn more about yoga without any intention of ever teaching. Most end up teaching or at least sharing Yoga with friends and family afterwards. Almost all students say it was life changing, the best experience and they wish everyone did it.
What style will I be able to teach?
The course gives you Vinyasa certification, however we also introduce you to Ashtanga, Hatha, Restorative and Yin.
Who will I be able to teach after I graduate?
The options are endless. The great thing about Yoga is that it can be taught to anyone. Yoga transcends age, race and demographics.
Does Drishti Support Black Lives Matter?
At this studio we believe Black Lives Matter. Love is Love. Kindness to all. Women’s rights are human rights. We educate ourselves on Anti-racism, social justice and are continually learning and more importantly UN-learning. We believe that just like the yoga practice itself, we are never done. This is a lifelong journey and process.
We offer at least one BIPOC scholarship to all of our trainings and courses. Ask us how to apply since we have a different application for each course or training.
Is there a payment plan? To receive the $997 price you must pay in full by August 31, 2020. Contact us directly if you need a payment plan.
Are there any refunds available? No, we do not offer refunds for the course.
Did we miss something? Please email us with any questions at all or just to chat. We are very open and here for YOU! Our response time is usually within 24 hours.
email@example.com We can also schedule a call.