Learn how to teach Mothers-to-be Yoga with our Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
This Training is right for you if:
You have ever had a pregnant woman walk into your class and your heart started to race because you were unsure how to modify the poses.
You are interested in creating a space for expecting mothers in your own dedicated Prenatal Yoga class.
You are pregnant yourself and you want to learn how to adapt your practice during this exciting journey.
In this weekend intensive we will learn how to adapt the practice to better suit expecting mothers in all stages of their pregnancy. Learn how to empower these mothers-to-be through breath work, movement, labor & delivery techniques and by cultivating a supportive community.
What You Will Learn:
Modify Yoga Poses
- Asana ~ poses to avoid, adapt and utilize during pregnancy
- Sequencing ~ adapting and modifying a flow and sun salutations for the prenatal body
- Trimesters ~ a breakdown of each stage
Understanding The Pregnant Body
- Anatomy ~ the changes in the pregnant body with a focus on the pelvic floor
- Contraindications ~ how to navigate and offer support to common pregnancy discomforts
- Application ~ utilize the tools of Yoga to help with childbirth and motherhood
Benefits Beyond The Body
- The benefits of Prenatal Yoga ~ on the physical, mental & emotional level
- Subtle Body ~ mantra, pranayama & meditation tools for pregnancy, labor & motherhood
- Create a supportive environment and community for this major life transition
Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Join us for module 1 of your Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. The training is a combination of live and recorded online classes. It is highly encouraged to attend at least one of the weekends live.
Live Classes Offered:
- Saturday April 9th from 8 am- 5pm PST
- Sunday April 10th from 8am- 5pm PST
- Saturday April 23rd from 8 am -5pm
- Sunday April 24thfrom 8am-5pm
TUITION ONLY $297!
About Your Teacher:
Sarah Walsh has been training teachers since 2011 and guiding pregnant women for over a decade. Sarah is both a Doula and a Mother of two young kids. She is passionate about supporting women through this transition in life. With a full heart and years of experience, Sarah will guide you to be a leader in the same space.
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin
- Ina May’s Guide to Child Birth by Ina May Gaskin
- Yoga Sadhana for Mothers by Sharnila Desai & Anna Wise
- Breast Feeding Made Simple by Nancu Mohbracher & Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
- The Mommy Plan by Valerie Lynn
What is the cost?
Who is the teacher?
Is Drishti a Registered Yoga Alliance School?
Yes we have been since 2012. We are also a Prenatal Yoga Registered School. Sarah is an ERYT-500 hour yoga instructor, having taught for 14 years.
Will I be able to register for Yoga Alliance?
Yes, our Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is approved by Yoga Alliance.
Will I get a certificate with an online Yoga Teacher Training?
After you complete module 1 and 2 you will receive a Prenatal Yoga Certificate. With both modules you will recieve 85 hrs of training and can register with Yoga Alliance.
I am a complete beginner, can I still do this course?
YES! While it is beneficial to have some knowledge of yoga, you can still do this course and graduate successfully.
I haven’t done a 200hr Yoga Teacher Training can I still do my Prenatal Yoga Training?
Yes, you can participate in a Prenatal Program without your 200hr. However, it is strongly recommended that you complete one soon after.
Is it required to be a Yoga Alliance member?
NO. Some Yoga teachers choose to never register with Yoga Alliance. It is not a requirement. It is a choice.
I don’t want to teach, will I get anything out of the course?
Absolutely, in fact many women take a prenatal training when they are pregnant to equip themsevles with more information about pregnancy. The content in the course will help support your pregnancy, prepare for labor and delivery and transition into motherhood.
Who will I be able to teach after I graduate?
You will be able to support a pregnant student in your public all-levels class. You can also teach a dedicated Prenatal Yoga class. Prenatal privates are a great way to support an expecting mother. And now offering online classes are becoming popular!
Does Drishti Support Black Lives Matter?
We believe Black Lives Matter. Love is Love. Kindness to all. Women’s rights are human rights. We educate ourselves on Anti-racism, social justice and are continually learning and more importantly UN-learning.
We offer at least one BIPOC scholarship to all of our trainings and courses. Ask us how to apply since we have a different application for each course or training.
Is there a payment plan?
Contact us directly if you need a payment plan we may be able to make special arrangements.
Are there any refunds available?
No, we do not offer refunds for the course.
Did we miss something?
Please email us with any questions at all or just to chat. We are very open and here for YOU! Our response time is usually within 24 hours.