Prenatal Teacher Training in San Francisco 2019
Join Sarah Walsh from Drishti Yoga Teacher Training in collaboration with The Pad Studios for a Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Fall 2019 in San Francisco.
Curious about how to better assist your prenatal students in class? Interested in creating a space for expecting mothers in your own dedicated Prenatal Yoga class? Perhaps you are pregnant yourself and are looking to deepen your practice during this exciting journey? In this four weekend intensive we will learn how to adapt the practice to better suit expecting mothers in all stages of their pregnancy. Learn how empower these mothers-to-be through breath work, movement, labor & delivery techniques and by cultivating a supportive community.
Sarah Walsh has been training teachers since 2011 and guiding pregnant women for over a decade. Sarah is both a Doula and a Mother and passionate about supporting women through this transition. With a full heart and years of experience, Sarah will guide you to be a leader in the same space.
Topics we will explore:
- The benefits of Prenatal Yoga ~ on the physical, mental & emotional level
- Trimesters ~ a breakdown of each stage including the 4th trimester
- Contraindications ~ how to navigate and offer support to common discomforts during pregnancy
- Sequencing ~ adapting and modifying a flow and sun salutations for the prenatal body
- Asana ~ poses to avoid, adapt and utilize during pregnancy
- Anatomy ~ the changes in the pregnant body with a focus on the pelvic floor
- Application ~ using the tools of Yoga for childbirth and motherhood
- Subtle Body ~ mantra, pranayama & meditation tools for pregnancy, labor & motherhood
- Postnatal Yoga ~ adapting the practice so that it is appropriate for the postpartum body
- Business of Prenatal Yoga ~ marketing classes, workshops and private sessions
- Resources ~ tips for building partnerships with doulas, midwives and OBGYNs
- Teaching ~ fine tune your language & thematic teaching skills through practice
This 85 hour Teacher Training is Yoga Alliance Approved!
Sign up and fill out the application here!
$300 deposit, due upon application, and to be deducted from final payment. Final payments kindly requested by check.
Option 1: $1600 Early Bird
Option 2: $1800 to be paid in full
Option 3: Two Payments | $900 to be paid upon application and $900 to be paid a week before the training
The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin & Ina May’s Guide to Child Birth by Ina May Gaskin
Yoga Sadhana for Mothers by Sharnila Desai & Anna Wise
Breast Feeding Made Simple by Nancu Mohbracher & Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
The Mommy Plan by Valerie Lynn