Yoga Teacher Training in the City vs. Immersion Yoga Teacher Training
Which is right for you?
One of the main questions people ask themselves when first starting to research yoga teacher trainings is “Which one is better for me – a yoga teacher training in the city that takes place over the course of a few months or an immersion yoga teacher training that I can do in a month in an exciting destination?” Of course there are benefits to both. These key elements may help you decide which is best for you.
Benefits to Yoga Teacher Training in the City
- Learn how to incorporate yoga lifestyle into your daily life of work, social situations and relationships.
- Don’t have to take a month off from work, family, pets, etc.
- More time to study allowing the information to soak in at a slower pace.
- Possibly begin teaching or subbing at the studio where you just completed your training.
- Live in the same city as most of the other students, a supportive network of friends living close by.
Benefits of Immersion Yoga Teacher Training
- Totally immerse yourself in the yogic lifestyle without the distractions of everyday life.
- Challenge your comfort zone by being away from home.
- Can be a good time to detox from whatever you choose: alcohol, cigarettes, chocolate, sex, Internet, etc. Of course this isn’t mandatory, but a choice.
- Try out a vegetarian diet.
- Enjoy a fabulous vacation while getting certified, often on a beach, in the mountains or in the jungle.
- Surrounded by other like-minded students with the same over all goal.
- Meet a global network of friends you can meet up with on future travels.
Which do you prefer? Please share your thoughts below.